How do I add data to a chart in PowerPoint?
- On the slide, select the chart that you want to change. The Chart Tools contextual tab appears at the top of the PowerPoint window. ...
- Under Chart Tools, on the Design tab, in the Data group, click Edit Data.
- Done one of the following: ...
- Make the changes you want.
Right-click the chart, and then choose Select Data. The Select Data Source dialog box appears on the worksheet that contains the source data for the chart. Leaving the dialog box open, click in the worksheet, and then click and drag to select all the data you want to use for the chart, including the new data series.
Click Insert > Chart > Pie, and then pick the pie chart you want to add to your slide. In the spreadsheet that appears, replace the placeholder data with your own information.
Open a slide with a table, click on the table and the Layout tab appears. After selecting the Layout tab there are options available to modify rows, columns, merge cells, change cell size, modify the alignment, the table size and arrange the table position.
- Click the chart to which you want to add a text box.
- On the Format tab, click Insert Shapes, and then click the Text Box icon .
- In the chart, click where you want to start a corner of the text box, and then drag until the text box is the size that you want.
Click Pie, and then click Pie of Pie or Bar of Pie. To change what displays in the secondary pie, click the piece of pie you're expanding, and then in the Split Series By box of the Format Data Series pane—click the type of data to display in the secondary chart.
- Use a slide with a layout that contains content and click the Chart icon, or choose Insert tab, and then Insert Chart. ...
- The Insert Chart dialog opens. ...
- When you click OK, a temporary Excel spreadsheet opens, with dummy data. ...
- Go back to the temporary spreadsheet, click in cell A1, and paste.
1) Create a chart in Excel and copy it. 2) Use Paste Special option and paste the copied chart into PowerPoint with data link. 3) Click on File > Info > select Automatic for Update option > Close. 4) Now save the PowerPoint and Excel files and close them.
To edit a linked Excel worksheet, do one of the following: To edit the data from within Excel, right-click the object on the slide, point to Linked Worksheet Object, and select Edit. To update the data on the slide to match the data in the original Excel file, right-click the object on the slide, and click Update Link.
On the Layout tab, in the Labels group, click Data Labels, and then click the option that you want. For additional data label options, click More Data Label Options, click Label Options if it's not selected, and then select the options that you want.
Why isn't my chart updating in PowerPoint?
Copy a chart from a saved Excel file. Update the data in Excel and observe that the PowerPoint slide does not update as expected. In PowerPoint, click File > Info > Edit links to Files. Turn on the Automatically Update checkbox and try again.